Peugeot have taken the covers off its 2017 model of the popular 2008. The French Compact-SUV has been given a minor facelift on the outside, but a major overhaul inside.
The MY17 2008 now comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission as standard, bolted to the tiny 1.2 litre turbocharged 3-cylinder engine and is good for 81kW. Now is not the most power ever to come out of an engine, but this little pug has some other winning features.
The interior has been decked out with a 7″ touch screen, reversing camera, Mirror Screen functionality and Apple CarPlay – and that’s just on the entry-level “Active” model.
Jumping up to the “Allure” and “GT-Line” variants, you now get satellite navigation, ‘Active City Brake’ autonomous braking technology and ‘Grip Control’, a technology giving greater grip in low traction situations – for that whopping 81kW!
Outside the car has been given minor touches, such as the new grille, roof bars and rear spoiler (for added downforce from that 81kW).
You can have it in a choice of 7 colours and it all starts from $26,490*.
Peugeot Australia General Manager, Kai Bruesewitz, said the new-look 2008 is a vehicle better aligned to local customers’ needs.
“The 2008 SUV was always highly regarded for its smart packaging and stylish looks. Now, with new technology, a new model line-up and an all-new powertrain the 2008 becomes the complete package for Australian customers,” Bruesewitz said.
“We have already proven with our 208 and 308 model lines that Peugeot’s award winning PureTech, turbo-petrol 1.2-litre engine can compete with the larger capacity engines of our competitors and there is no reason why this segment shouldn’t benefit from Peugeot’s advanced drivetrain.
“We are very excited about the introduction of the new-look 2008 range as it signals a significant year for the Peugeot SUV stable with the all-new 3008 and 5008 following hot on the 2008’s heels,” Bruesewitz added.
Sounds like Peugeot are trying to get back to their sporty roots. Let’s hope it works out. The 2017 Peugeot 2008 is on sale now.
A full price breakdown and specifications are listed below.
- 7”Multi-function Colour Display Screen
- Trip Computer Function
- USB & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Arkamys Digital Sound Processing
- MirrorScreen Connectivity (inc MirrorLink & Apple Carplay)
- Tokyo Cloth Trim (Black)
- 16” Alloy Wheels with Space Saver spare wheel
- Single Zone Air Conditioning
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Reverse Camera
- Electric Door Mirrors with Folding function
- Front & Rear Fog Lights
- Programmable Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
- Leather Steering Wheel with Audio Controls
- Cooled Centre Console compartment
ALLURE (IN ADDITION TO ABOVE)
- Park Assist (Self Parking)
- Satellite Navigation
- Active City Brake
- 17” Eridan Alloy Wheel
- Grip Control
- Fog Light cornering function
- Automatic Wipers
- Automatic Headlamps
- Electro-chromatic Rear View mirror
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Dual Zone Air Conditioning
- ‘Oxford’ Premium TEP/Cloth Trim
GT-LINE (IN ADDITION TO ALLURE AND ACTIVE)
GT-line specific ‘Dynamic’ TEP/Mesh Cloth with Red Topstitch
- Red highlights to interior door handles, seat belts & handbrake
- Specific smooth leather steering wheel with red contrast stitching
- Redline theme for 7” Multi-function colour Display Screen
- Alloy door sills
- Alloy sports pedals
- Red LED instrument panel surround
- Perla Nera Black highlights for roof rails, rear door trim, and spoiler and mirror shells
- Specific rear bumper with chrome exhaust
- Gloss black grille surround incorporating red ‘PEUGEOT’ lettering
Note: * denotes MRLP – Manufacturers Recommended List Price – Includes GST. Does not include any on-road costs, government taxes, dealer delivery charges or registration fees. Please see your local dealer for pricing to suit your situation.